About Ray RinkolEmail: Ray@TL4J.com
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, PC, Ray prosecutes personal injury, wrongful death, and employment law cases. He helps individuals in need achieve justice through his commitment to each individual client.
Ray is licensed to practice law in Iowa and Wisconsin. Prior to joining Trial Lawyers for Justice, Ray was a partner at Bradley & Riley PC in Cedar Rapids, Iowa where he represented primarily companies, large and small, in a counseling and litigation capacity on labor and employment matters, including discrimination and retaliation claims, wrongful terminations, wage and hour matters, FMLA, labor matters, and trade secret and non-compete matters.
Ray has actively contributed to his community and the bar association. He was the Chair of the Iowa State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section from 2018-2020. He was the President of Daybreak Rotary from 2015-2016. Ray and his spouse have been host-parents for three Rotary International exchange students. He was the Board Chair of Riders Club of Cedar Rapids from 2011-2012. He was the Linn Law Club President of the Linn County Bar Association from 2011-2012.
Ray received his law degree from the University of Iowa College of Law in 2007. He received his Master of Arts in International Law and the Settlement of Disputes from the UN University for Peace (Costa Rica) in 2004. He received his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2003. Ray, and his five sisters, were the first generation in their family to have an opportunity to pursue higher education.
Ray has been listed as a Rising Star in Great Plains Super Lawyers® from 2014-2020. He completed the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) in 2018. He has presented on several legal topics, including:
- The FFCRA and Other COVID-19 Considerations for Employers, Iowa State Bar Association Webinar with Natalie Clouse (April 2020)
- Discipline and Terminations, Drug Testing, and National Labor Relations Board, Master Builders of Iowa for Cornerstone Academy (November 2019)
- Successful Hiring and Recruiting Steps, Employee Handbooks and Policies in the 21stCentury, and Discipline and Terminations, National Business Institute’s CLE on Mini Law School for HR Professionals (November 2019)
- Hiring and Drug Testing, Master Builders of Iowa for Cornerstone Academy (November 2018)
- Conducting an Effective Internal Investigation, National Business Institute’s CLE on Advanced Employment Law (July 2017)
- Hiring, Immigration, and Drug Testing, Master Builders of Iowa for Cornerstone Academy (January 2017)
- NLRB and Its Expanding Reach in Workplace Horizon, Sterling Education Services, Inc. on 5th Annual Legal Issues in Employment Law (December 2016)
- The Perilous Intersection of FMLA and ADA, Sterling Education Services, Inc. on Employment Law Update: Cutting Edge Issues (March 2016)
- Hiring and Immigration, Master Builders of Iowa for Cornerstone Academy (January 2016)
- Advanced FMLA and ADA Issues, Sterling Education Services, Inc. on Employment Law Beyond the Basics (July 2015)
- Settlement Agreements: Iowa Law, Key Terms and Drafting Considerations; and Subpoena Rules, Compliance, Quash Motions and Sanctions, Iowa Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel on Corporate Counsel Forum (November 2014)
- Injunctions: A Remedy When Money Can’t Buy You Happiness (An Overview, in State and Federal Court), Iowa Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (September 2014)
- FLSA / Wage & Hour Crackdown, Sterling Education Services, Inc. on Employment Law Beyond the Basics (May 2014)
- Social Media Policies in the Workplace, Lorman Education Services’ CLE on Employment Law Update (October 2013)
- Recruiting / Hiring Documents, National Business Institute’s CLE on Employee Documentation, Discipline & Discharge (June 2013)
- Judgment Collection, Bridge the Gap Seminar (May 2013)
Ray grew-up outside Shelby, Nebraska. He enjoys spending time outside with his family, including hiking, canoeing, and grilling.