PREVIOUSLY ADMITTED PRO-HAC VICE
Suffolk University Law School
– J.D. Juris Doctor
– Bachelor of Science in Communications
Attorney Barrie Duchesneau is a Partner at Trial Lawyers for Justice. Prior to joining the firm, she spent over a decade representing injured clients at the largest Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury law firm in the Northeast. While Barrie is a New England native, she litigates cases nationwide. Barrie is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, The Trial Lawyer Honorary Society and a member of the Trial Law Institute, Diversity Law Institute and New Hampshire Association for Justice.
Barrie is responsible for obtaining over $200 million in settlements and has played an integral role in multi-million dollar verdicts. Here are some of her notable winnings:
- 2023 – Barrie settled a claim on behalf of a 73 year old cyclist hit by truck for $5.75 million.
- 2019 – Barrie helped obtain a $5.1 million settlement in the case of former Red Sox pitcher Bobby Jenks who suffered a spinal surgical injury which focused attention on the practice of simultaneous surgeries.
- 2015 – Barrie successfully argued in the Massachusetts Court of Appeals, which reversed a Medical Malpractice Tribunal’s dismissal of her client’s claim. Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly recognized the Appeal as one of the most influential cases of 2015. She has had continued success in the Appeals Court.
- 2014 – Duchesneau was integral in winning a $16.7 million verdict for a failure to diagnose lung cancer, resulting in the death of a 47-year-old.
Duchesneau is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the State of New Hampshire, The State of Iowa, The State of Nebraska, the State of South Dakota, the State of Georgia the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, and the United States District Court for the District of Nebraska.
BARRIE IN THE NEWS
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer
- Recognized by Massachusetts Lawyer’s Weekly for her appellate advocacy
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star