Large commercial trucks, such as 18-wheelers, cross the roadways in and around Davenport daily. While these vehicles are generally safe, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company lead to serious accidents. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help if you need a Davenport truck accident attorney. If you or a loved one had been injured, we will investigate your claim and work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Choose Trial Lawyers For Justice To Help With Your Case
Sustaining an injury in a truck accident is a big deal, and you need an attorney with vast experience handling these cases standing by your side. Let Trial Lawyers for Justice get to work on your case today.
- We understand how important Davenport truck accident cases are. It is our job to get our clients and their families enough justice and compensation for their claim, and we will not hesitate to go to trial if necessary.
- We have secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients in these cases, including a $14.6 million verdict for the family of a farmer who was killed in a vehicle crash caused by a commercial vehicle.
- We take Davenport truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they need.
Why Do You Need An Attorney For A Truck Accident Case?
A Davenport truck accident attorney is going to be an invaluable resource when standing up to trucking companies and their insurers. An attorney will:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability
- Work with trusted medical and economic experts to calculate their client’s expenses
- Negotiate for a full settlement or take the case to trial if necessary
Who Is Liable In The Aftermath Of A Truck Accident?
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is tasked with regulating most commercial trucking activity in the United States. According to their data, there were approximately 148,000 total injuries and 4,136 fatalities caused by truck crashes during the latest year of data. The FMCSA says that a semi-truck can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds when fully loaded with cargo. A vehicle of this size and weight can cause significant damage and major injuries in an impact with a traditional passenger car.
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, our Davenport truck accident lawyers regularly help clients who have been injured due to the negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company. Concerning truck drivers, we often find that they:
- Operate fatigued or in violation of federal hours of service (HOS) requirements
- Operate while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Operate while distracted by their cell phone or another device
Truck companies or operators have a duty to ensure that their drivers follow all state and federal rules and regulations. Trucking companies are often negligent because they fail to properly inspect and maintain their vehicles, leading to failure of the truck on the roadway.
How Much Compensation Can A Victim Receive For These Claims?
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a Davenport accident that was caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, you may be entitled to significant compensation. While the total amount of compensation available in these cases varies depending on the facts of each particular case, the team at Trial Lawyers for Justice regularly helps clients secure the following:
- Compensation for all truck accident-related medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if the victim cannot work
- General household expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the truck driver or trucking company
Reach Out To Our Skilled Legal Team
If you need a Davenport truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (866) 854-5529.