Millions of people across the United States sustain brain injuries each year, and many of them require long-term or life-long assistance in the aftermath. If you or somebody you love sustains a brain injury that was caused by the negligence of another person, the team at Trial Lawyers for Justice is ready to help. Our Des Moines traumatic brain injury attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Choose Trial Lawyers for Justice for your case
After sustaining a serious brain injury that was caused by another person’s negligence, let the experienced team at Trial Lawyers for Justice take the reins.
- The attorneys of Trial Lawyers for Justice are proud to be lawyers, committed to using the cornerstone of civil justice in this country — the jury system — to obtain full and fair compensation for individuals whose rights are at risk.
- We have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for clients, including $38.6 million for a young man who suffered a traumatic brain injury due to a fall from a hotel balcony while intoxicated.
- We take all Des Moines traumatic brain injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients do not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
How will an attorney help this case?
The most complicated aspect of a brain injury case is proving liability. A brain injury victim and their family members need to be focused on recovery. A Des Moines traumatic brain injury lawyer will handle every aspect of these cases. This includes obtaining all evidence necessary to prove fault, properly calculating a victim’s total losses, and negotiating with all parties involved to obtain maximum compensation.
Brain injuries can lead to severe disabilities and major expenses
When we look at data available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we can see that there are around 1.5 million new brain injury cases each year in the United States. Out of these incidents, more than 85,000 people are left suffering from long-term disabilities. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, our Des Moines traumatic brain injury lawyers regularly help victims who have sustained injuries due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Medical mistakes
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Defective products
- Slip and fall incidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Police brutality
Traumatic brain injuries are classified as either mild, moderate, or severe. Symptoms from these injuries also range in severity and can leave victims in need of life-long medical and in-home care. Some of the most common symptoms experienced by Des Moines brain injury victims include:
- Memory or cognitive disabilities
- Trouble walking or standing
- Difficulties with speech
- Partial or full paralysis
- Psychological or emotional problems
- Loss of fine motor skills
- and more
What kind of compensation is available?
If you or a loved one have sustained a brain injury that was caused by the negligent actions of another person, there may be various types of compensation available for your case. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are regularly able to help clients obtain the following types of compensation in these cases:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the injury
- Coverage of any long-term care that is necessary
- Lost income if a victim is unable to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
If you need a Des Moines traumatic brain injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.