Des Moines Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Accidents involving pedestrians are often catastrophic, meaning they cause significant injuries to victims.
Some of the most common injuries in pedestrian accidents are traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and back and neck injuries.
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are passionate about helping pedestrian accident victims hold at-fault parties accountable and collect maximum compensation. We pursue fair damages using proven and aggressive legal strategies. Find out how we can help you today.
Contact our Des Moines pedestrian accident lawyers 24/7 at (866) 854-5529 for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- Our lawyers do not stop at the first settlement offer. We negotiate for the results we know our clients deserve, even if that means going to trial. Our law firm has represented clients at over 300 jury trials in different areas.
- Our law firm has a long history of record-breaking results. This includes an $18.6 million verdict for a pedestrian injury on behalf of a child hit by a garbage truck and a $12 million verdict against the State of California for negligent road design.
- Our Des Moines pedestrian accident attorneys charge clients on a contingency fee basis. Your attorney’s fees are contingent upon us obtaining you financial compensation. If we do not win your case, you will not have to pay.
What Is a Pedestrian Accident Cause of Action?
A cause of action refers to a set of facts or circumstances that gives an injured party the right to file a claim to obtain compensation from another party. In the case of pedestrian accidents, If someone was texting while driving, for example, and struck a pedestrian in Des Moines, the pedestrian would have the right to bring a cause of action against the negligent driver.
Pedestrian accident claims usually center on four main elements:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the pedestrian.
- The defendant breached the duty of care.
- The defendant is at fault for causing the pedestrian accident.
- The pedestrian has related injuries and losses (damages).
It is the pedestrian’s burden to prove these four elements are more likely to be true than not true based on a preponderance of the evidence. If you do not wish to gather evidence and present it to a judge or jury on your own, you may hire an attorney to do so for you. A pedestrian accident lawyer will understand how these cases work and what steps to take to achieve a positive outcome.
How to Choose Your Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Hiring an attorney in Des Moines as an injured pedestrian could grant you access to many benefits. You will have an entire team of lawyers and other legal professionals in your corner. Your lawyer can explain the legal process, investigate your accident and search for signs of negligence. Then, he or she can take over your case while you focus on medical care.
When finding a lawyer, check for a few staple features. Search for experience handling pedestrian accidents and motor vehicle accident cases with serious injuries, a history of positive results, good client testimonials, awards and accolades, affordable rates, and open communication.
The right attorney can make it much easier to sort through the details of your case and exercise your rights as a plaintiff.
What Compensation Is Available?
A pedestrian accident could cost thousands of dollars in past and future medical bills, not to mention the potential catastrophic injuries. Surgeries, hospital stays, x-rays, specialists and pain medications may be necessary.
The victim can also have significant physical pain, suffering and emotional trauma. A successful personal injury claim in Iowa could repay a pedestrian for these economic and noneconomic losses.
A settlement or jury verdict for a pedestrian accident could include damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, intangible losses, legal fees and lost quality of life.
Discuss what your unique claim might be worth with a lawyer from Trial Lawyers for Justice today.
Contact a Des Moines Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries from a pedestrian accident in Des Moines, the driver, the city or another party may owe you financial compensation. Learn your rights and discuss your options during a free case evaluation at Trial Lawyers for Justice today. Schedule yours online or by calling (866) 854-5529.