The last thing that anybody expects is that they will be harmed when they go onto another person’s property. Unfortunately, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a property owner or operator cause significant harm to patrons. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, our skilled and experienced team is ready to help when you need a Des Moines premises liability attorney. We pledge to investigate your claim in order to secure the compensation you need.
Why choose Trial Lawyers for Justice for your case?
After being injured due to the negligent actions of a property owner or their agents, turn to a team with extensive experience handling these cases. Trial Lawyers for Justice is ready to get to work for you.
- We have extensive experience helping clients who have been injured in various types of premises liability cases in Des Moines.
- We have won hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including a $6.5 million verdict for a victim of an assault in a nightclub resulting in facial and eye injuries.
- We take all Des Moines premises liability cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that clients will pay no legal fees until after we secure compensation through a favorable settlement or verdict.
What will an attorney do to help?
Unfortunately, most premises injury victims do not have the resources necessary to properly pursue maximum compensation for their claim. However, a Des Moines premises liability attorney will be able to conduct a thorough investigation into the incident, collect all evidence necessary to prove liability, and work with experts to properly calculate a victim’s total losses.
Understanding premises liability cases
Property owners have a duty to ensure that their premises are safe for those who have a right to be there. Unfortunately, there are times when property owners do not maintain safe conditions on their property and cause various types of injuries.
One of the most common types of premises liability cases that arise in the Des Moines area is slip and fall incidents. A slip and fall accident can occur due to a variety of unsafe conditions, including:
- A property owner failing to clean a spill or puddle on the floor
- A property owner or an employee knowing about a hazardous condition but failing to take action to remedy it
- A property owner or employee failing to warn guests about hazardous floor conditions
There also other ways that people get hurt due to the negligence of property owners. This can include a failure to properly inspect and maintain the premises, a failure to provide adequate security, failing to properly monitor pools or hot tubs, and more.
What kind of compensation is available?
If you or somebody you love has sustained an injury caused by the negligent actions of a property owner, there may be various types of compensation available for your injuries. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we have extensive experience handling these cases and regularly help clients recover the following:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the incident
- Recovery of lost income and benefits if a victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages if the property owner was grossly negligent or acted intentionally
When you need a Des Moines premises liability attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.