While every accident has the potential to cause serious injuries, collisions with semi-trucks or any other large commercial vehicle can result in catastrophic damages and injuries. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we have extensive experience helping victims who have been harmed in these accidents. Our Des Moines truck accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate every clients’ case and work to secure compensation for their injuries and pain and suffering.
Why choose Trial Lawyers for Justice for your case?
After sustaining a serious truck accident injury, you need a team by your side with vast experience handling these cases. Trial Lawyers for Justice is ready to help.
- We understand how important Des Moines truck accident cases are, and if our clients are not offered a settlement they deserve, we will not hesitate to take the case to trial.
- We have won hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including an $18.6 million verdict on behalf of a child who was run over by a garbage truck and lost his leg.
- We take all Des Moines truck accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that our clients pay no legal fees for their case until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
What will an attorney do to help?
Truck accident cases in Des Moines can become incredibly complex, particularly when working to prove liability. Trucking companies and their insurance carriers are usually well-funded and ready to deny liability. A skilled Des Moines truck accident attorney will be able to obtain all evidence necessary to prove fault in these cases. This includes gathering video and photo surveillance, truck “black box” data, statements from eyewitnesses, truck company records, and more.
An attorney will ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can help fully assess their total losses. Importantly, a truck accident lawyer will be responsible for handling all negotiations to obtain a full settlement for a client’s losses.
Truck accidents often cause severe injuries
According to data available from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), more than 4,136 people died, and approximately 148,000 people were injured in large truck crashes during the latest reporting year across the country. Most of these victims were occupants in other cars and passenger vehicles.
Unfortunately, the fault for these accidents often falls onto truck drivers and trucking companies. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we regularly help victims have been injured due to:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Truck driver impairment alcohol or drugs
- Truck driver distraction
Trucking companies are required to follow FMCSA regulations as well. This includes ensuring that drivers are properly trained and that they follow all hours of service (HOS) requirements. Trucking companies must also regularly inspect and maintain each vehicle to ensure that they are safe for the roadway.
What kind of compensation is available?
If you or a loved one have sustained an injury caused by the careless or negligent actions of a truck driver or trucking company, there may be various types of compensation available for your claim. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are regularly able to help victims obtain the following types of economic and non-economic compensation:
- Coverage of all truck crash-related medical bills
- Recovery of lost wages if a victim cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent truck driver or trucking company
When you need a Des Moines truck accident attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.