Anytime somebody goes to the doctor for assistance, whether for an emergency or non-urgent need, the last thing they expect is to be misdiagnosed. However, there are times when the careless or negligent actions of a medical provider lead to a misdiagnosis occurring. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help if you need a Rochester, Minnesota misdiagnosis attorney. Our team will investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Trial Lawyers for Justice?
After being misdiagnosed, you need a team with extensive medical malpractice experience by your side. Let the team at Trial Lawyers for Justice get to work today.
- At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we understand how important Rochester, MN misdiagnosis cases are. We know that it is our job to get our clients and their families enough justice and compensation for the rest of their lives.
- We take the time to get to know every client personally because we believe this is essential to representing them in their time of need.
- We take all Rochester misdiagnosis cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients pay nothing until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
What Will an Attorney Do in These Cases?
A Rochester misdiagnosis lawyer will have the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into a patient’s case to uncover whether or not a misdiagnosis occurred. Your attorney will:
- Gather all of your medical records related to the misdiagnosis.
- Ensure you are evaluated by a trusted healthcare professional who can offer expert witness testimony in your case.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement on your behalf.
What is a Misdiagnosis and How Does It Happen?
Researchers from Johns Hopkins University say that medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the country. Those researchers also say that errors made when diagnosing a patient cause more harm than any other medical mistake that occurs and account for the largest percentage of all medical malpractice claims in the United States.
There are various ways in which a misdiagnosis can occur. Medical professionals are trained to analyze and interpret a patient’s symptoms, medical history, and test results as they formulate a diagnosis. A misdiagnosis can occur when a medical professional:
- Fails to read test results accurately
- Fails to order appropriate tests
- Does not perform regular screenings
- Fails to ask about a patient’s medical history
- Ignores or disregards a patient’s description of symptoms
- Performs an incomplete physical exam
Unfortunately, some of the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions are serious and include brain tumors, heart disease, head injuries, and various types of cancer. Sometimes, healthcare professionals even misdiagnose ongoing emergencies such as meningitis, heart attack, stroke, appendicitis, and more. A misdiagnosis of any of these conditions can lead to long-term consequences or even death for a patient.
What Compensation is Available After a Misdiagnosis?
If you or somebody you love has been harmed after receiving a misdiagnosis by a medical provider, there may be various types of compensation available to you. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we have extensive experience handling these cases, and we will work to obtain the following on your behalf:
- Compensation for all medical expenses related to the misdiagnosis
- Coverage of lost income and benefits if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence by the medical provider
Call a Rochester, Minnesota Misdiagnosis Attorney
If you need a Rochester misdiagnosis attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.