Anytime a person is injured due to someone else’s negligence, the injured victim is able to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for their injuries and pain and suffering. However, when a person loses their life due to the negligence of another person, surviving family members also have the option of filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible parties. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help if you need a Des Moines wrongful death attorney. Let us work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Choose Trial Lawyers for Justice to help you through this
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we have extensive experience helping families with their Des Moines wrongful death claims.
- We understand how important Des Moines wrongful death cases are, and it is our job to work with families to ensure they receive enough compensation for what has happened.
- We have won hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, including a $40 million verdict for the wrongful death of a 33-year-old son.
- We take all Des Moines wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means there are no legal fees until we secure compensation on your behalf.
What will an attorney do to help?
Filing and winning a wrongful death lawsuit in Des Moines can be incredibly complicated. However, a skilled wrongful death lawyer will have the resources necessary to thoroughly investigate the case. They will obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability.
Importantly, your Des Moines wrongful death lawyer will work with financial and economic experts to properly calculate total losses and future expected losses. Using this information, they will negotiate with all parties involved to recover maximum compensation good
Understanding Des Moines wrongful death claims
In Iowa, a “wrongful death” occurs anytime that death is caused by negligent or wrongful actions of another person, company, or entity. Wrongful death claims in Des Moines, Iowa may be brought by:
- The administrator of the deceased person’s estate
- The surviving spouse and minor children of the deceased
- The adult children of a deceased parent
- The parents of a minor or adult child who is deceased
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we regularly help family members who have lost loved ones as a result of the following incidents:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical negligence
- Medication errors
- Construction accidents
- Defective products
- Premises liability incidents
Wrongful death claims in Iowa must be filed within two years from the date of a person’s death. Any claims not filed within this two-year statute of limitations will result in family members being unable to recover compensation for their losses.
It is important to point out that a civil wrongful death claim can be filed regardless of whether or not the alleged negligent party is facing criminal charges and whether they are found guilty or not guilty.
How will you be compensated?
If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another person, company, or entity, there may be various types of compensation available for your case. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, our compassionate and experienced team has extensive experience helping family members recover the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Cost of any pre-death medical expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of companionship damages
- Loss of consortium damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
If you need a Des Moines wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.