The birth of a child should be a wonderful event for parents and family members. However, there are times when the negligent or careless actions of a medical professional lead to a birth injury occurring. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help if you need a Rochester birth injury attorney. Our team will investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Trial Lawyers for Justice for your case?
Is your child has been injured due to a medical mistake, turn to a team trusted experience with this area of law. Trial Lawyers for Justice is ready to get to work.
- At Trial Lawyers for Justice, you can count on a compassionate team that fully understands the seriousness of an injury to your child.
- We have a track record of success and have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for clients injured after medical mistakes occur.
- We take all Rochester birth injury cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation their child needs.
Let an attorney help you through this
Birth injury cases can become incredibly complex, and an attorney is going to be necessary to help with the following:
- Obtaining all evidence related to the error(s), including medical records, statements from other witnesses present, hospital personnel records, and more.
- Working with trusted healthcare professionals to evaluate the case to offer expert witness testimony.
- Negotiate with all parties involved in order to obtain a fair settlement for families in the aftermath of a birth injury.
How do birth injuries occur?
Birth injuries are often the result of the negligent or careless actions of a member of the medical staff involved in the birthing process. This can include the obstetrician, who is the person responsible for the overall delivery of a child. Obstetricians are highly trained doctors that must maintain the same level of care for every situation that a similarly trained obstetrician would exercise in similar circumstances.
However, obstetricians are rarely the only person present assisting with the delivery of a child. There may be nurses, nurses aides, a surgeon, an anesthesiologist, and more. Each of these medical professionals could cause harm to a child or mother during the birthing process.
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, some of the most common causes of birth injuries we help clients with include:
- Failure to properly monitor a mother or fetus for signs of distress
- Failure to perform a C-section even though symptoms indicate one is necessary
- The misuse of delivery tools such as vacuum devices or forceps
- Failure to recognize or prevent a prolapsed umbilical cord or breech birth
- Improper care for mother or child immediately following delivery
Is compensation available after a birth injury?
If your child has sustained a birth injury and you believe that the injury was caused by the negligent actions of the medical provider, you and your child may be entitled to compensation. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are going to investigate your claim in order to secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of any medical expenses related to the birth injury
- Compensation for long-term or in-home care as needed
- Lost income if you cannot work while caring for your child
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the medical provider responsible
When you need a Rochester birth injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.