Every parent wants what is best for their child, but there are times when the careless or negligent actions of medical providers cause birth injuries. Cerebral palsy is a severe birth injury that can dramatically affect a child’s life. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help when you need a Rochester cerebral palsy attorney. Let us investigate your case and work to secure any compensation you and your child need.
Why choose Trial Lawyers for Justice?
If your child has been diagnosed with cerebral palsy after a medical mistake, turn to a trusted team for help. Trial Lawyers for Justice is ready to get to work.
- At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we understand how difficult a cerebral palsy diagnosis can be for a child and their family, and we take the time to get to know your situation personally.
- We have a track record of success, having secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients after a medical mistake occurs.
- We take all Rochester cerebral palsy cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients will not pay any legal fees until after we secure the compensation they need.
Do you need an attorney for this?
Cerebral palsy cases can become complicated, and family members often lack the resources necessary to conduct a full investigation into their claim. However, a Rochester cerebral palsy attorney will be able to:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove the cause of the cerebral palsy, including all medical records, statements from the medical professionals involved, hospital personnel records, and more.
- Work with trusted healthcare professionals to conduct a full examination of the child.
- Employ assistance from economic and financial experts to properly calculate total expected losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a full settlement for a child and their family.
What is cerebral palsy?
Many people may not understand that cerebral palsy is not a single disorder, but rather a group of disorders that can affect a child’s cognitive function, sensation, muscle control, head control, coordination, balance, and muscle tone. Cerebral palsy refers to damage that occurs to specific areas of a child’s brain that affects those functions.
There are many causes of cerebral palsy, though this injury most commonly occurs prior to birth or during the birthing process of a child. In many cases this means that a medical mistake causes the cerebral palsy. These birthing mistakes can include:
- Head injuries resulting from trauma (often caused by misuse of vacuum delivery tools or forceps)
- Birth asphyxia or hypoxia
- Breech births that were not recognized or prevented
- Umbilical cord prolapse they should have been recognized and prevented
- Complicated or prolonged deliveries
- Placental abruption
- Failure to perform a C-section even if symptoms indicate one is necessary
- Brain infections such as viral encephalitis or bacterial meningitis
How much compensation is available for these cases?
If your child is suffering from cerebral palsy, and you believe their condition was caused by the negligent or careless actions of a medical provider, you may be entitled to compensation. The team at Trial Lawyers for Justice is ready to help you investigate this case in order to secure the following possible compensation:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the mistake
- Compensation for any future medical care needed
- Coverage of necessary in-home care for the child
- Recovery of lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the responsible parties
When you need a Rochester cerebral palsy attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.