Surgeries are incredibly common. Whether you have to undergo an emergency or non-urgent surgical procedure, you should not have to worry about being adversely harmed due to the actions of a medical provider or surgeon. Unfortunately, these incidents do occur. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help if you need a Rochester surgical errors attorney. Let our team get to work investigating your claim so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
Why choose Trial Lawyers for Justice?
Anyone injured due to a surgical mistake needs help from an attorney with extensive experience handling these cases. Let Trial Lawyers for Justice help you today.
- At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we have extensive experience helping clients who have been injured due to surgical errors in Rochester.
- We believe that getting to know our clients on a personal level is essential in representing them and achieving their goals.
- We take all Rochester surgical error cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until after we secure the compensation they deserve.
How will an attorney help?
In the aftermath of a surgical error occurring, victims are going to need the resources of a Rochester surgical error attorney to conduct a thorough investigation into their case. An attorney will have the ability to:
- Obtain all evidence related to the mistake, including all medical records, statements from surgical team members, hospital personnel records, and more.
- Ensure their client is evaluated by a trusted and independent surgeon who can offer expert witness testimony.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain a fair settlement on behalf of their client.
How do surgical errors occur?
Many complications that can arise in surgery are nobody’s fault. However, when a preventable mistake occurs, this is known as a surgical error. Before a person undergoes a surgery, they typically have to sign a document that states they are aware of the risks associated with the procedure. This form is designed to protect the surgeon if a known risk does occur. However, signing a consent form does not protect surgeons when it comes to various situations.
At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we regularly help clients who have been injured due to the following surgical errors in Rochester:
- Performing surgery on the wrong body part
- Amputating the wrong limb
- Performing surgery on the wrong patient
- Causing nerve damage during a surgery
- Accidentally leaving surgical tools or foreign objects in a patient’s body after a procedure is concluded
- Incorrectly administering anesthesia or other medications during surgery
Surgical errors have a variety of causes, and these mistakes commonly revolve around:
- Fatigued surgeons
- Inexperienced surgeons
- Poor planning for the surgery
- Miscommunication between the surgical team
- The carelessness of a member of the surgical team
What kind of compensation is available?
If you or somebody you love has been injured due to the careless or negligent actions of a surgeon or member of the surgical staff, contact the team at Trial Lawyers for Justice today. There may be various types of compensation available for your claim, and we will conduct a thorough investigation to obtain the following on your behalf:
- Compensation for all medical expenses related to the surgical error
- Coverage of lost income if you are unable to work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence
When you need a Rochester surgical errors attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 866-854-5529.