Cedar Rapids Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing a loved one is an incredibly difficult experience. This is especially true if your family member was injured and lost their life due to the negligence of another person, company, or entity. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are here to help if you need a Cedar Rapids wrongful death attorney. Our compassionate and experienced team is ready to investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Trial Lawyers For Justice?
After losing a loved one in a tragic incident, you need an attorney with vast experience handling these cases. Let the team at Trial Lawyers for Justice get to work for you today.
- We take the time to get to know every family we serve because we know you are grieving during this hard time and need compassionate legal assistance.
- We have a track record of success in these cases and have secured hundreds of millions of dollars for clients, including a $45 million verdict for the wrongful death of a mother killed by a drunk driver.
- We take Cedar Rapids wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis, which means family members do not pay legal fees until after we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
How Will An Attorney Help A Wrongful Death Claim?
In the aftermath of a wrongful death in Cedar Rapids, a skilled attorney is going to be an invaluable resource for families. An attorney will have the resources necessary to:
- Recover all evidence necessary to prove liability (photo or video surveillance, statements from eyewitnesses, police reports, company records, and more).
- Work with trusted medical and economic experts to properly calculate a family’s total losses.
- Negotiate with all parties involved to obtain maximum compensation for grieving families.
Understanding Wrongful Death Claims In Cedar Rapids
In Iowa, a wrongful death is one that occurs when a person loses their life due to the negligent, wrongful, or intentional actions of another person, business, or entity. The Cedar Rapids wrongful death lawyers at Trial Lawyers for Justice regularly help family members who have lost a loved one due to the following:
- Car accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical negligence
- Prescription medication errors
- Defective products
- Premises liability incidents
- Construction accidents
There are various parties in Iowa who are able to bring wrongful death claims against alleged negligent parties, but they must do so within two years from the date of a person’s death. Any claims not filed within the two-year statute of limitations set forth by law will likely result in family members being unable to secure compensation for their loss.
What Kind Of Compensation Is Available To Families In These Cases?
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligent or careless actions of another person or company in Cedar Rapids, you may be entitled to various types of compensation. At Trial Lawyers for Justice, we are going to conduct a thorough investigation into your case in order to obtain the following on your behalf:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Cost of any pre-death medical care
- Loss of future income and benefits of the deceased
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of consortium or companionship damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
Call Today For Legal Assistance
If you need a Cedar Rapids wrongful death attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling (866) 854-5529.